14 Sep Touchdown Ford F-150?
Now that football season is officially underway, that means one of the great past times that goes along with football is also underway: tailgating. Go to any football game (especially NFL) and you’ll see hundreds, if not thousands, of people grilling and hanging out in the parking lot hours before kickoff. There are lots of products on the market to help you tailgate and allow you to show your team spirit. Team logos appear on grills, tents, clothing, chairs, even aprons and utensils. Now Ford has announced that 400 Dallas Cowboys fans will be able to purchase a limited production, Dallas Cowboys edition, of their very popular F-150 pickup.
This new truck was created to celebrate the partnership between Ford and the team. The Cowboys headquarters and new practice facility just opened in Frisco, Texas, and is named, The Ford Center at the Star. This isn’t the first time that Ford and the Cowboys have partnered on projects. Ford last sold a Cowboys edition pickup truck 22 years ago.
So, why is Ford making a new Dallas Cowboys truck? Well for starters, Texas is the largest truck market in America and second, it’s a unique way for fans to be more connected to their favorite football team and hopefully, their favorite truck. No doubt there are some Dodge Ram or Chevrolet Silverado owners who love the Cowboys, too.
Ford has given this special edition truck a fairly long list of features and add-ons to make it unique. The foundation of this limited-edition truck starts with a Ford F-150 XLT with the Chrome Package painted in Cowboys helmet silver. In addition to the standard features of the F-150 XLT series, unique content for the Cowboys edition truck includes:
- Exclusive Cowboys edition star badging on front doors and tailgate
- Blue-white-blue rocker panel striping paying tribute to team’s over-the-top helmet stripe
- 20-inch chrome wheels with unique Cowboys star center caps
- Molded heavy-duty cargo bed mat with iconic Cowboys star logo
- Laser-etched chrome foot plates featuring legendary Cowboys word mark for front doors
- Cowboys edition logo stitched in front and rear floor mats
- “1 of 400” Cowboys edition interior badge autographed by Jerry Jones – owner, president and general manager for the Dallas Cowboys
The truck is on sale now, but only through select Ford dealers in Texas. If you want one I’d suggest you move quickly.
Photos Courtesy: Ford Motor Company
You can also follow this blog on Apple News.